Pages

my followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creative stretching

My lovely wife has taken on some pretty creative challenges over the last few years. She started hand-making greeting cards, joined/formed a band with her brother, and taken up photography as a hobby. At the same time, she has continued to be a stellar mom and wife as well as clean, cook, laugh at my jokes and basically been the the glue keeping our life little slice of heaven together.

This year, however, she has really begun stretching herself creatively. She started blogging as well as organizing a Flickr group/challenge. For the first month of the year, I sat idly by, letting her and her circle of friends snap away and was content to be a spectator as everyone snapped and processed and uploaded. But, in February, I just couldn't stand it any longer. So, I gave in and joined the group/photo-a-day challenge.

Not to be completely overwhelmed and overtaken by my wife's creative streak, I added my own wrinkle—I would only use my iPhone for picture taking to post-processing to uploading (take that, girly-girl).

What to say? Well...so far, so good. I'm not a photographer. I'm more musical in my creativity. But, I'm learning a lot about myself and my eye and...well, that I might be able to actually pull this off without looking like a monkey.

So, with that in mind, I submit to you a few couple of my faves (so far). Just...be gentle. I'm still new and quite fragile. Who knows? Maybe, one day, I'll be almost as creative as this chick.