Pages

my followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Light (Painting)

So, if you've been following things here on my bliggity blog, you know that I recently joined up for my wife's 365 photo challenge. You also may (or may not) know that I added my own stupid wrinkle in the challenge...to only do this equipped with what was possible on my iPhone 4. Y-I-K-E-S

With that said, I decided last week that I wanted to figure out how to get a light painting picture done. Now, if I have a regular camera, this can be done with a slow shutter speed and also by playing around with the ISO settings. With an iPhone, this can't be done...unless, you download an app called Slow Shutter Speed (duh!). And that's precisely what I did.

Tonight, the wifey and I played around with a little flashlight and my shiny new app. Here are a few of the samples we got tonight. The pic to the left was the very first attempt. Ummm, well that just happened.




Fortunately, we (meaning, my talented and uber creative bride) started to get the hang of this light-painting stuff and came up with some pretty excellent good fun and at least mildly un-embarrassing shots.

Towards the end of the session, she started having fun with the little flashlight close to the carpet making circle-ish patterns, which ended up being my money shot for the 365 photo challenge.

I think I've just opened up the proverbial box de Pandora and am sure those who care to see and/or read about my life will be absolutely inundated with light-paintings galore. That, and tilt-shift pics. I love me some tilt-shift.