Pages

my followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

A wedding, a slideshow and one awesome dude

My wedding day was a pretty cool day. It was the culmination of a nine years of friendship with my wife, five of those years being together as a couple. We also had a pretty big circle of friends and acquaintances. We both had grown up around many of the same people with my in-laws also having a pretty wide circle of friends as well. All told, our wedding was, umm, well attended. By almost 700 people. Big wedding, bigger production. There were dancers, songs and a slideshow, all before we even began reciting our vows. And I loved every minute of it. What does all this have to do with anything?

I'm glad you asked. My wife found a little device thing that can take slides and turn them into images on an SD card. Very cool since this now means our very analog wedding slideshow from almost 16 years ago can now think about joining the digital age. No more cha-shink sounds during slideshows.

So, along with the 60 or 70 slides from our wedding, the in-laws also toted over some slides they had from years past, meaning that we spent some a lot way too much time looking at the vintage goodness through the little slide viewer whatchamacallit.

Then, our boys started to get in on the act. As a matter of fact, we spent the better part of one dinner just looking at slides.


We've had boxes of slides stacked in our family room for the past couple of weeks, taking time to peek into the past and generally just goofing around with the slides a bit. This is a pic my lovely bride snapped.

One day, as we're poking at the slides, one of them caught both of our attention, there was a snap of a way-to-awesome-for-words dude on one of the slides. It turned out to be my father-in-law's best man from their wedding over 41 years ago. So, I struck out trying to find a way to capture the slide on my trusty iPhone without the aid of any sort of analog to digital conversion. Not easy. It took me about 30 or 40 pictures, but I was finally able to get the picture-of-a-picture through the viewer of the little slide viewer thingy. The rest is just the pure coolness of a late-60s dude. Just purely awesome...from the hair to the plain T to the glasses and the way they're just perched on his nose.