Pages

my followers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Easter

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times, but I'm a worship leader at the St. Pete Vineyard Church. So, for me, Easter is so much more than only the spiritual emphasis that the holiday holds for, well, pretty much the ENTIRE Christian church.

Don't get me wrong, I love the spiritual emphasis and reflection that we, as Christians, engage in each year. But it also means weeks of prep work, building four or five weeks of song lists that point to the person, ministry and work of Christ. It means a 5:30 AM alarm and solid "stuff" to do from 6:45 AM until around 12:00 PM.

You know what? I love it all. I sincerely do. I love what I do as my part-part-part-time job. I love the people, the excitement, the anticipation and celebration and all the details that go on behind the scenes. I love hanging out at Guitar Center for an hour or two on Saturday morning picking up cords and wires and looking at all the goodies there so we can seamlessly pull off a block party/easter egg hunt/concert the day before Easter. I love the kids hunting easter eggs as well as the stuffing and hiding of the same eggs. And I love all the extra chocolate Easter brings.



So, my interpretation of what part of Easter means to me may be different than the typical eggs and bunnies and peeps and stuff. But, this is what I do come Easter time. I setup and break down and create and tweak and get to be an integral part of the Easter celebration. It's part of my life and part of my DNA and also the greatest (part-part-part-time) job I've ever had. So I love Easter and I also love all of my Easter.

113/365:


FYI...I'm linking up to the Live Every Moment photo challenge with this post.