Pages

my followers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tennis, anyone?

Anyone who knows me (or reads my blog long enough) knows that the wife and I aren't crazy about Florida. We're not beach-goers, we don't enjoy the outdoors and definitely hate abhor detest don't like the hot weather. Off and on, we've flirted with the idea of escaping moving, only to be drawn back in by one thing or another...job (or lack thereof), the housing market crash, dream job found, etc..

Recently, however, the lovely bride has become hooked on touristing, as she calls it. Basically, it's about finding different things to do where you live and then experiencing them just as a tourist might. This has led to Sunday excursions, the occasional trip to the (gasp!) beach and new and different restaurants in the area.

OK...long story longer...

Friday nights are date nights for the husband/wife Long. Typically, a movie. Except there were absolutely NO movies we wanted to see this week. At all. Earlier this week, as we're driving around running some errands, we stumbled across Old Northeast Tavern. Loved the location and loved the look of the place, so we settled it...this would be our date night destination.

The place was everything we could have hoped for...Turkey and strawberry sandwiches, sliders, pinot noir, and Magic Hat #9. Quintessential tavern food. We even found some friends hanging out there as well.

Lovely evening. Nearby is North Shore Park and we decided to tourist away, even though it was dark. I still hadn't found my picture of the day and figured I would once again be running around the house trying to find something interesting to capture at 11:00 at night.

Until...


...we found the lighted tennis courts. Sweet! I don't play (well). Never have and never will. I suck at sports. Period. But, the nets, the lights, the shadows were all too much to pass up.


So, I ended up getting out for a night, finding a new one of my favorite restaurants and got my pic for the day all before 10:00. And I didn't have to frantically scramble around looking for even more Legos to snap.


This week, I'm linking to the Live Every Moment photo challenge. Check it out!